The primary task of magnetic drum pulleys is to separate metal contaminants from the product on the conveyor belt. The pulley is mounted above the conveyor belt. It attracts the metal parts and allows automatic separation. The product emerging from the conveyor belt is clean. There is a separate collecting container when the impurities fall off once the magnet’s effect wears off. Even if the metal part has penetrated deep into the product, you can use a magnetic drum pulley to separate it.
The objective is to improve the purity and quality of the processed material. Most industrial applications are processed with dry materials like powders, grains, wood waste, plastics and rubber. Most magnetic drum pulley manufacturers specialize in manufacturing industrial magnets like Magnetic Head Pulley, Pulley Magnet, and Magnetic Separator Pulley.
Few Common Industries Where Magnetic Drum Pulley Are Used
• Metal Ore Processing
• Waste Water Treatment Plant
• Food Processing
• Pallet Recycling
They are Customizable
Most of the magnetic drum pulley manufacturers in Kolkata can customize the product according to their customers’ specifications. Let them know whether you are looking for special features like spherical surfaces and they will integrate them into the design during the manufacturing process. The primary benefit of producing the roller in the form of a barrel is that the conveyor belt can keep the roller’s direction more precisely. It is necessary if the tensioning system controlling the belt’s sideways movement is absent in the conveyor. Some manufacturers even glue a rubber coating to the surface of the roller to prevent the rubber conveyor from sliding over the roller.
Few More Features to Look for in Magnetic Drum Pulleys
• Robust metal body capable of enduring everyday wear and tear.
• Has a polished finish to keep them protected from abrasion and corrosion
• A durable and reliable choice with multiple applications.
• Less longitudinal movement so the pulley needs less maintenance.
• Can rotate smoothly and fulfil its purpose without any hassle
• Ideal for ferrous metal recovery
• Can be easily attached with the existing system
• Doesn’t consume much energy when working
To know more about the working mechanism of magnetic drum pulleys, get in touch with the expert engineers at Sharma Engineering.